Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Why might we want a company or organisation history book?
A corporate history book can be used for lots of different PR and HR purposes. For example:
- Promoting the company to existing and potential clients, customers and other stakeholders.
- Building employee loyalty and morale. A book can be particularly useful after a merger or takeover.
- Obtaining media coverage, and increase brand recognition, by organising a book launch.
- Supporting sales activites, meetings and conferences. A book can be a great “ice-breaker”.
- Celebrating a company anniversary, retirement, change of structure, project success or other milestone.
What kind of book can you make for us?
Any kind you like: a stylish hardback, a coffee table book, a Kindle or other type of eBook, PDF document or HTML website content. If you want us to create a Kindle eBook we can get it onto the Amazon website to be sold, or downloaded for free.
What is involved in creating a company history?
- Researching, interviewing and writing
- Editing and proof-reading
- Gathering, taking and processing photographs
- Book cover and interior pages design
- ISBN purchase
- Turning into electronic formats (eBooks and websites)
How much of this is included in your book production package.
All of it. We need you to tell us as much as you can about what you already know and point us at sources of information we can use as starting points. We will take it from there.
How much input can we have to what is produced?
As much or as little as you like. Some clients prefer to leave it entirely to us; others involve themselves to the extent of proof reading every single page as its is written.
How much would a company history book normally cost?
This depends very much on exactly what you want. We will fully cost the project with you before we start work.
How long would it usually take?
Again it depends very much on what you want, and also on what we find out. We would normally aim to be finished in under a year.
If you have any other questions, please phone Colin Ward on 0779 254 6591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.